v-8 sound

blackstallion94

How do i get our little 3.8 sc motor to sound like a 4.6 mod motor and gain some nice horse power and torque. I have an 1994 sc auto.

its a v6 it will NEVER have a v8 rumble:( the reason why has been disscused many a time
some say ports,stroke,harmonics etc...

if your motor is stock i'd say here's your mod list

1. high flow cat back exhaust(either replac the resonator with aftermarket or delete it

2. 5% blower pully (this is like an 8% on the 94-95 blower)

3. cool air intake

4. 3.55 or 3.73 rear gears

5+ cross that bridge whe n you come to it . your car should be scary fast by now :D

Just one other thing to get closer to that "rumble".

Add to what Scottie suggested a good cam and you'll be as close as possible.

Hey Rivllee

So whats the 350hp kit include there Riv:D All I have so far is the FM cat back force II exhaust:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Rick in FL:cool:

$$$$$$

So with what Scott said we're lookin at around $600-$800 dollars? But you could say you have your monies worth right?
Those are my fisrt plans for my SC start off with exhaust then cool air etc...A shift kit would sound nice as well.

in my opinion you are better off putting the money for the shift kit for the rear gears

i can garante you can stop grinning after you put 3.73s under there :D

The 350HP kit was from SCP 5 years ago, when Bill Hull was running it.

It was the entire exhaust system (see Member Page), hi flo intake, 73mm MAF (36# tube), 70mm TB, 3/4" raised SC top, 10" IC fan, 10% OD pulley, 36# injectors, 190lph fuel pump, Magnacore 8.5mm wires, 1 range colder Platimun plugs and 180 degree thermostat. I don't have time right now to dig through the old "Chargin' Thunder"s, but I think that was it.

As you can see from the Page, there's been a little water over the dam since then. :D

If I remember correctly, the entire exhaust then was about $1,500. You'd have to check on current pricing.

Lee

Back