yesterday i did two slight changes it was noticea

rlong

one was taking the bolts out of bottom of aircleaner and tying it down with cable ties for slightly more air in and tying all boost vacuum hoses with cable ties to get rid of leaks under boost it must be 3 or more hp to notice it right ?

Last edited:
Kewl.

So you are saying. that the holes that the bolts would be are now open leaving about (3) 1/2" holes more air intake space? Great idea! and sealing up any possible hose leaks with the wireties is not a bad idea either. great ideas man!

yes you got it right i was suprized it was even noticeable but those were the only changes that day lol i always need more power im just happy to share when i find free power

Last edited:
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Noticeable from three holes and some zip ties? I have all my vac lines secured with zip ties, that is to keep them from blowing off. I also have the cross-talk tube removed and capped off so it boosts quicker but to be honest I felt no gain from that and most people claim its a free 5hp. I can't believe you think you feel a gain off of three tiny *** holes in the bottom of your air filter box.

I felt a difference on my car but I added a ZR intake, ESM raised top w/ diffusers, and ported and diffused intercooler tubes. I still am running a stock intercooler. My car felt a tad quicker. The blower whine is louder but its still hard to hear over my exhaust. And I'm getting 14 psi spike at WOT and it holds around 12 even w/ a 2.8" pulley.

Did you remove your air silencer from underneath the fender? Thats a mod you can feel a little, also when I put on a larger MAF I could tell it was a little stronger above 3000 rpms. But I doubt that **** is worth and hp let alone worth the money to dyno test it and gain no power. What was the coolant temp of your car. I'm guessing you ran it heatsoaked and then cool and thats why it felt stronger.

Yep...

Hey maybe if you take a 1" drill bit and port them intake holes out you will get more gains man...Way to think outta the box...:p

Brad

Re: Yep...

cudaz101 said:
Hey maybe if you take a 1" drill bit and port them intake holes out you will get more gains man...Way to think outta the box...:p

Brad

Speed holes!!!

rlong said:
one was taking the bolts out of bottom of aircleaner and tying it down with cable ties for slightly more air in and tying all boost vacuum hoses with cable ties to get rid of leaks under boost it must be 3 or more hp to notice it right ?

I hope you're joking.........please, tell me you're joking.:confused:

how do you know that you didn't have a vac leak to begin with? I know that more air helps but I was always told to do one mod at time to make sure that it is going to help instead of hurt, I am not saying that you are wrong, but I would put the bolts back in and see if you can tell a differance with just the vac lines sealed good.

hmmmm....maybe install three pieces of neon blue braided hose snakin' down to your fog lights for a "ram air" setup !!

Perhaps this falls under the same catagory as blinker fluid, slotted brake lines, and muffler bearings! :D Those three mods alone are worth some noticeable hp...;)

Speaking of blinker fluid...I think I actually found where it is!!! I had my bumper cover off last week and it's sitting up kind of behind the driver side front corner, underneath the bumper cover!

Now I know where to go to fill up my damn blinker fluid. My blinker (right turn only) has been acting kind of weird lately.

Dale

Rats! And I've always been adding mine to that big filler tube with the twist off cap just to the right of the throttle body...:eek:

Way to pile on guys cut the dude some slack. I was working on my car one time and Vernon came over, next thing I know he’s under the hood (feet in the air) with a bunch of hose clamps and a screwdriver. I asked him what the hell he was doing and he was clamping off some hoses. I said it didn’t need it and he started explaining his trails and tribulations on boost leaks (the long version). After he was finished and my eyes adjusted to normal (after being glazed over). I drove around the block, and I’ll be damned if it didn’t pick up another psi on the gauge.

Jeff

You know, I bet if you glue the airbox down and remove those restrictive zip ties from the three bolt holes you might gain at least another 2-3 hp. :D

I'm joking of course.

-Rod

one was taking the bolts out of bottom of aircleaner and tying it down with cable ties for slightly more air in and tying all boost vacuum hoses with cable ties to get rid of leaks under boost

It's very possible that you did feel an improvement, but I'm sure it was from putting zip ties on the vac/boost hoses and not from removing the three bolts.

David

you guys are terrible... let the dude experiment- maybe what he did didn't give much improvement, but he felt it was enough to share the info with all of you.

You all did not come out of the box knowing everything about the SC either... give the man a break. At least he's trying to discover something that may enhance performance.

Back