Car start, Idle problems

T1Bird

Alright, I got my car out tonight and went for a drive, got to where i was going and shut her down. it say for 2 hrs then got back in it to cruise and I noticed i now have a exaust leak somewhere, oh well. Well i noticed at lights after driving the car for awhile the idle stays at 1500 rpm, on start up after parkin for 10 or so mins the idle jumps from 1500 down to almost a stall and back up constantly for a min or two.. this had me thinking so I came home, turned it off to move a car out of the garage and put it in, only to go back to start it and now it wont start.. it turns over can rev it up to 2500 rpm, but then she just dies out. What gives guys? any ideas

thanks

Bruce

the crank sensor seems fragile on these cars i would check for codes unhook battery try again ?

but im getting spark so it cant be my crank sensor, I had to put a new cam sensor in, well i took out the top of the old one and cleaned it and put it back in.. but im wondering if this could possibly be my DIS, after popping the hood and letting the motor cool down for 30 mins, it started fine and I was able to get it in the garage

Back