what the heck does this mean?

ehonrc51

Well finally got the bird running again.Now I've noticed another problem. I started the bird up today and at idle I noticed the light on the dash for the automatic ride control was flashing. So I was standing there and I noticed the light was flashing 4 times. I'am curious if anybody knows what this means and has anybody experienced the same thing. Thanks.

Strickly going from memory, I believe four times is the front left shock actuator. Remove the actuator, spray WD40 onto the post (on top of shock) and then twist it with needle nose pliers to break it lose.

The firm light flashing tells you which actuator isn't turning. Usually the post is just stuck.

flashing auto ride light

when it happened to me was right after i got my 5spd rebuilt...the shop didnt put the plug back into the switch near the center console..just a suggestion...check it..

stephen

I had exactly the same thing! The light on mine was flashing 3 times. Turned out to be the right front. The post was stuck. WD40, cranked it around a little and damn if it didn't fix the problem!

Back