stereo installition ?

35tbird

hey guys, i just have a quick ? as i have the stock cd and radio/cassette on my 90 sc..

i want to put a new am/fm cd player in it..to replace both units..but i noticed from a previous attempt at swapping with a stock mercury cougar radio that did not have the second cd player unit that there is an extra wire that connects the dc to the radio..and if you do not connect them..it wont work..it wont play from all the speakers or it just wont work period..

so is there some kind of special wireing or cd player i need?

thanks

hey..thanks lance...it's kinda of a help...you see on the am/fm portion theres an extra wire that's not on most radios...thats whats confusing..i probably need a wire harness

thanks again

Schoshe(?) makes adapters for the plugs. My 90 had the standard stereo. I got the adapters from Walmart for like $10. Plugs right in and has all the wires marked. Well worth the investment!

You are so right about the adapters you can buy now for stereos. It's a far cry from when I was (ahem) younger and installed stereos in mustangs and camaros in the 70's. Aside from the swapping of the pins for using newer original units in the 90's, I would definitely go with those adapter harnesses. Takes all the guess work out of it.

A great week all.

Back