What's a 350hp 90SC worth???

90scfast

What should be the asking price for a 90SC restored. Cervinis hood, UREGLO paint, Rebuilt motor, tranny, etc. 300HP kit??

Last edited:
market it as a 'muscle car' and 5.0 eater and perhaps you'll get some bites. Like to see pics of the car, curious about the paint colors.
Paul

Well, I have a 350HP SC in almost the same year. Everything is good. Cobra R hood, fresh paint, custom audio/visual system, and I think it's good looking.

I think I would be lucky to see $8,000 for it as is.

Micah

I think you'd have to show a dyno run with that 350HP number before anyone would give you much more than what you'd get for a stock SC. Those bolt on kits don't exactly give you the HP they advertise. :)

Chris

What should be the asking price for a 90SC restored. Cervinis hood, UREGLO paint, Rebuilt motor, tranny, etc. 300HP kit??

Sadly, your probably not going to get but about 1/3 of what you have into it.

It seems that very few people in the SC community are interested in buying a car that has already been modded and would perfer to do the mods themselves rather than pay for the finished product.

David

Dave,

Good point. Actually, in some cases (such as mine), I'd prefer an un-modded car, and I'd keep it that way. I'd buy a clean un-modded car before I bought a clean modded car, because one day, when these cars are classics, the modded car won't be worth squat, and the original un-modded car will be worth bucks. :) You can call me optimistic though. :)

Chris

It all depends. In my experience if you can hold out you will find a buyer at the price you want....Someone elses junk is anothers treasure

I don't truly believe that un-modded cars are worth more ****.

If you had a 63 Chevy Corvette split-window coupe, and it was 500 rwhp w/ mods, and stuff, chrome SS wheels, etc... I'd rather have that than a stock one with hub caps or rallye wheels. To me, the car is rare enough. The faster it goes, the better.

I wouldn't sell my black one for a dime less than $6,000.00 unless I got REALLY desperate for cash.

Last edited:
Well, when it comes to classic cars, and what they're worth on the open market, originality almost always wins over modified cars. Personal taste aside of course. Sure, I'd like to have a modded car myself, but if I was looking to make the car a money investment, I'd certainly keep it original. I might restore it so it was like new of course, but definitely restore it to original condition, paint, drivetrain, interior, and all.

Chris

Chris...

I think you would do yourself a favor by visiting the members page and getting a foothold on the rest of the members and what they have done to their SC's so you can see where some of them are at and how long they have been at it...

As far as what an SC is worth Modded or Bone Stock...If you are a collector of cars the SC would prolly not be on your list, and if it is you better be prepared to hold on to that Small investment for quite awhile to see it pay anything...And myself I would pay a few extra for a car that was modded to my liking...I have seen plenty of media on Micah Millers SC and would agree with the 8K "The Right Buyer", it is a show quality car that puts down a good dyno sheet and a good 1/4...Why not...

Brad

Another thing to consider is how the car would be marketed. If I were trying to sell a 350HP SC, I would market it as a "Wheel-chirping Supercharged V6 Thunderbird SC". Make it as attractive as possible. Describe with detail all of the work done to it.

Or, you could always part it out and put it back to stock.

Cudaz,

You totally missed my point. I wouldn't do myself any favors by visiting the members pages to see what they have done to their cars, because out of all of them (with maybe the exception of Coy Miller), we've (East End SC) done the most to a number of cars. East End SC has built a number of performance engines for SC owners, and I love doing it. My point was...................

In the classic car market (that means all classic cars, not just SCs), originality almost always wins over a modded car when it comes to re-sale value.

Sure, an SC is not a classic car as of yet, but if it ever makes it to that status, my excellent condition stock SC will certainly catch a better price than a modded one (even if I get a little less money for it, I'll certainly make more profit from it's sale). I for one am willing to hold on to my SC for a long time, because I love the car, and it certainly has the potential to be a classic some day.

I encourage people to mod their cars, but I'd never tell them in a million years that it will be worth more money than a stock SC, because it's just not true. If it is worth more money than a stock SC, it's only worth more money to a very small percentage of people (people like you and me who know how much money goes into modding a car). The masses won't care what you've done to it, and may even shy away from buying it because of the work done to it.

Chris

P.S. Ever hear an older guy say, "Gee, I wish I would have kept that 1957 T-Bird convertable I bought for $150. It would be worth $60,000 today."? It could happen to us. :)

Back