Help with injectors.

pearl95sc

In lieu of all the upgrades that have been made for my 95, it was recently brought to my attention that I will need bigger injectors. I originally figured the stock 36#ers would be enough. A Few people suggested that I use 42#ers though. Here beith the question. Supercoupeperformance.com seems a little pricy for my blood on these. Are all injectors the same? I have come across 42's on ebay for the lightning, under $300 for set of 8, which means 2 spares. Will they fit our sc's? I'm not trying to be cheap here, but summer is at the doorstep and I need to get my car back together asap and in a cost effective manner.

Also, I was told by a friend that even with a bigger pump and injectors, I still wouldn't receive fullness of the new setup with the stock fuel regulator. Is there a replacement regulator or a way to adjust the stock one? Or is my friend just dumb and not know what he's talkin about?

Let's see... yes... yes... not sure... and I forget the last question.

I believe that the fuel injectors come in two electrical types (not sure if it is resistance or what), but you can use the injectors from the Lightning. You will want to probably go to a 255lph forced fuel pump as well to take advantage of the new injectors. I'm not certain, but I don't believe that the regulator is a necessity. I got my injectors from ... actually, I can't remember, do a search on this board for fuel injectors and I'm sure you'll come up with the post... I think my injectors were less than 2 bills?

Good luck,
Paul

Go with the 42's from the Lightning if you can get them at a decent price off EBay. You could also use a 190 or bigger fuel pump. > Now, the flip side to that is you will need a custom chip or EEC tuner to get the injectors to coordinate with your car. So you are caught in an economical crisis there as neither is cheap. Any money you save on injectors, plan adding to it and getting a chip at cheapest.

Anthony

I bought lucas #42 injectors for $240.00 from racetronix.They so far work
just fine.Took three days to receive.

If you have a C& L MAF you will need a new sample tube.

I installed the#42 injectors without a bigger pump.The motor ran
on the lean side,until I added a larger fuel pump ,190.
After adding the 190 pump it ran rich.So I had my chip reburned,
to ajust the A/F,on a dyno.

My fuel pressure is 32.5lb at idel.I still have stock fuel pressure regulator.
Some one else will half to answer about the fuel pressure regulator adjustment.

This was done in conjuction with a MPII,& MP plenum upgrade.

If you do happen to upgrade to the #42lbs injectors, I might be interested in buying your #36's off of you!!! Right now I'm running the stock #30's in my 35th, but upgrading is inevitable!!!

Anyways send me a PM to let me now!!!

Back