ic tubes

danekejt

What is the best method for removing the ic tubs from the supercharger? i noticed there is a collar that attaches to the supercharger should is there a special ford tool(rip off advantage for ford) or just use a rubber mallet to loosen it? thanks for any and all info.

Some people use a hammer and a block of wood, some have used a strap wrench.
If you have never taken this upper tube off before, there is a good chance that the nut and stud that holds it to the alternator bracket is still there. It may seem impossible to get at, but I have found that you can access it from the driver side wheel well. There is just enough room between the frame and inside fender liner to insert a socket on a long extension to loosen, first the nut, and then loosen and remove the stud.

I've done the upper tube a million times, but I have never removed the lower tube. I hear it's a real PITA.
If you do a search on "lower IC tube" I'm sure you will find some good info.
To reseal the tube there is someone here who sells a cut teflon gasket that has holes that fit over the studs to line it up. I've heard nothing but good reviews about these things, and they are reusable. I think they are around $15.00 for two. (I just use some copper gasket sealer for now, but I am going to get a set of these, makes it a lot easier.)

i am just taking them off my parts car. i am not looking to reseal them. Thanks for the all the info gang.

Back