new Flowmaster exhaust

racer88

I just put a new Flowmaster exhaust system on my SC, the sound is ok as long as the car is just at idle. When I rev the engine I get that high pitch rice burner sound.

anyone have any ideas how to get the deep roar sound out of the exhaust?

Thanks
Bennie

Ewww, Flowmaster. Sounds good, definitely NOT the Flow Master. :) Many other mufflers out flow Flowmasters, and are a hell of a lot cheaper. :-(

As for the ricer sound, it has to do with the resonator mostly. If you eliminate it, the ricer sound gets worse. Change it to a bigger resonator, and it gets better. However, I've never heard an SC sounds like a Mustang if that's what you're looking for.

Chris

I got Flowmasters...

Did you get the cat back kit with the resonator? If you get some downtubes with some REAL cats on there I think you will see a big diff...Oh yea and port them Manifolds as well...I think when you fill up that exh it will have a better note..

I got the 40 series 2chambers with custom downtubes with a resonator and no cats and it sounds the bizz...But it don't sound like a stang, but there are alotta stang guys that wake up in a cold sweat having dreamed about that sound being blown in there face as you power by them wit your V-6...So either ya love it or ya hate it...

My 94 has the full magnaflow system with no cats and it sounds kinda buzzy at times, but WOT it sounds like a damn euro V-12 IMO...I dig it, but that is jus me...

Brad

GooeyGus2 said:
i have the flowmaster force II cat back system with resonator and no cats, i think it sounds pretty good!

I'm happy with mine too. I think it's probably as good as needed for an SC with just a few bolt on's.

I'm thinking that either he left off putting on the resonator, or he may be expecting something a V6 isn't going to deliver. They sound good, but it's a V6 kinda good. ;)

ditto

I'm with Brad here...I mean I have the FM Force II catback w/resonator and I like it...It is definitely not rice at all... revved up it does sound euro though....I like how you can here the Supercharger thru the pipes:D

jus my 2cent

Rick in FL:cool:

I bought the Flowmaster Force II kit from Summit racing, new res and mufflers, no cats. had a muffler shop down the street put on downtubes. I guess it does sound more buzzy then like a rice burner. I was kinda hoping for a deeper sound, guess cause I have always had a car with a V-8 in it. Will take some time to get used to it.

Bennie, what year is your car? I have the flowmaster system on my 89. It almost sounds like a 5.0. The older models have a bend in the pipe where they have to route areound the gas tank. The 92+ is different, it goes straight through. The kid who ownes my old car (Scott Long), just put the same system on his 92 and it sounds totally different, not very good IMO and alot louder. One other difference in our cars is that I have hollowed out cats and he has no cats.

-Steve

All I have is a Flowmaster 40 series for a resonator and no mufflers, kinda throaty souding, I like it. Cant really hear it cruising at hgwy speed.

headers

Force II sounds the best with a pair of headers and no cats, I get plenty of heads turn with mine (when its not giving me problems):rolleyes: Ahhh the life of an sc owner:D

Back