Speedo sticks?

T1Bird

My speedo sticks for some odd reason, If I drive the car on the highway when I get into the 110km to 120km range it doesnt move at all, it just sticks in the area, will never go any higher?

If i slow down it doesnt come down either, not untill im doing like 70 then it snaps out of the 110-120 range down to 70 kms

any ideas?

this happened to me as well

probably a loose sticker behind

take your cluster out all together, and pull the speedo cluster out of the whole thing. Turn it over and look at the back, the sticker tends to lose its stickiness over time, and chances are it has come off and gotten itslef in the way of the dial. get some tweezers or soemthing and pull it out, and put it back together. Chances are thats waht it is.

Because your speedometer does work obviuosly.

hope this helps

Your speedometer is TOAST! Replace it from a salvage yard! I don't believe a sticker would do that to it from what you described!!

Calvin

fork

use the old fork trick. it worked for me. gently take the plastic off the gauges and put a fork or something flat behind it and pull it up a hair. try it and see if it works. if not repeat the process. it took me a few tries to get it just right but it worked fine.

Jeff

Back