Rear brake caliper compatability help PLEASE!!!

phils89sc

I need to shop the salvage yards today for a set of good used rear brake calipers fr my 89 SC. Are there any other type/year Fords that use the same caliper?

Thanks

Phil

Ask one of the yards. They should have a Hollander exchange book. It'll tell you what will swap.

As far as I know, only the 89-97 MN12s (Thunderbirds and Cougars with rear disks only) and the 93-97 Mark VIII have the same rear calipers.

Rebuild kits

Does the rebuild kit include the seals for the parking brake lever shaft which goes through the caliper behind the piston? That is where mine is leaking from, very badly at that and all the time.

Thanks

PS> If they do have the seal, how do you get the shaft out to replace it?

Thanks

Phil

To tell you the truth all I did was replace the seals around the piston but there were extra parts in the kit. I just rebuilt mine because the other side froze up on me and I figured it was a good idea to rebuild this one too. I just bought a new one on the side it froze on because it froze so bad that it wore through the metal on the pad and grinded down the piston. All happened in a week and a half from the first sign of problems.

Back