PDA

View Full Version : Running Rough

ryan a harris
03-15-2002, 09:30 PM
I just had my spark plugs & wires changed today, along with a motor vac, new fuel filter and oil change.
When i picked up the car and drove it home it was still running rough. During a stop the car would alomst seem to "miss" or had a drop in RMP then jump back to above idle, then to ilde. is this the timing? I can't see if all the boots are on the plugs(just can't see them). The wires are all on the distriutor firmly. Any help would be a huge help as i'm starting to down on my car with temp. going up & my bank account going down.

On a unrelated topic i'm selling a '89 GMC jimmy
209km's, v6 auto, power, new gas tank today!!

Les Borda
03-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Ryan I hoped you used the Ford AWSF34PP double platinums.
The wires are a b*tch to put on and it is quite possible one of the boots is not one tight especially the one underneath the A/C compressor. CHeck all the connections for your wiring including things around the throttle body like the Idle Air Control(IAC) and the TPS(throttle position sensor).
A possibility is when they did the motor vac if someone got into that throttle body with a brush to clean it they may have punctured the IAC diaphragm.
Also the Mass Air Flow may be screwed up with dirt or a bad connection or it's sucking air between the MAF and the throttle body.

blubird
03-16-2002, 10:24 AM
Check to see if all your wires are firing. If not you might have a Dis problem.

eli66048
06-11-2007, 01:28 AM
tubing might not be tight enough. Especially the top one with the screw fitting.
Danny

tbirdsc357
06-11-2007, 01:49 AM
tubing might not be tight enough. Especially the top one with the screw fitting.
Danny

Geez don't you guys look at the dates of these threads that you are responding to......it's 5 years old !!

Paul93SC
06-11-2007, 11:06 AM
...it's 5 years old !!And he STILL doesn't have it running right! :eek:

Sorry Ryan... couldn't resist that one!

:D

fast Ed
06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes, we don't really need 5 year old threads resurrected for no apparent reason. :D

cheers
Ed N.