Turning off the rear brakes

Tony8470

I've been wondering, is there a way to actually hook something up to disengage the rear brakes like some people do for front wheel drive cars that want to do burn-outs. I've got this thing, and I dont know why but I dont like doing burn-outs becuase of the rear brakes and the uneccesary pressure it puts on the drivetrain. I either need someone to tell me to suck it up and deal or, someone to tell me its possible.

Actually, a line lock is supposed to be used to lock the front brakes on.

You press on the brake pedal hard, then engage the line locks, then let off on the pedal. Pressure is maintained to the front brakes as long as the locks are on. The mainstay of drag racers.

Due to the ABS system on our cars, it takes two valves, one for each brake line going to the front wheels.

Just keep driving your SC, the rear brakes will turn themselves off soon enough. LOL

Seriously, since you loose rear brakes when the ABS goes off line I wonder if pulling the ABS fuse then pumping down the accumulator would do this. I wouldn't want to not have ABS on the track though, say the other car ends up in front of you, sideways. Just rig a switch so you can start charging the accumulator after the burn-out right?

Just in case you're wondering, I really don't think this is a good idea, just possible.

Vernon

Back