cost question

90scoupe

i think i will take the scoupe up to the ford dealership to .cause of a slight problem i posted earlier.how much would new plugs wires fuel filter and the radiator flushed out cost me??

Don't have my receipts from the previous owner handy, I would figure $300US easy... the plugs on our cars are very difficult to get at.

Paul

Where are you located?? More than likely one of us can point you in the right direction of a capable mechanic who will do right by you on price (meaning cheaper than the dealership) while being knowledgable about your vehicle. Ford often doesnt know much about the SC.

Paul

Do it yourself man...save the bucks

John,

You ought to do this yourself. It builds character. :D

For the fuel filter, you'll need to disconnect the wiring to the inertia switch located in the trunk on the LH side under the carpet. Start the car a few times to relieve the pressure. Fuel filter is under passenger side. You'll need a special tool to remove one of the lines. I didn't know this first time I did it to mine and "broke" the clip (inside retaining part came out) but I've changed it several times since then an no problem. Nevertheless, be safe and use the tool.

The plugs are a pain. However, if you disconnect the fuel injection wiring and remove the hose connecting the air filter to the intake, the LH side is not too bad. RH side closest to the fire wall is most easily done from underneath.

I still have stock wires on mine and I'd suggest using either Ford wires or the Magna (help me out guys) wires that most other folks have used.

So, doing that should save you about $200. Put it in the rainy day fund for when your DIS starts acting up.

Good luck.

i think plugs are easy to change after you do them once or twice it took me less than an hour both sides from underneath car didnt remove anything i like the jacobs electronics wires they were around 55 bucks very low resistance and lasted a long time prob 130 k miles on them now around 4 years ago i put them on and use colder platinum autolite or motorcraft awsf32pp made a world of difference fuel filter isnt real hard either but its underneath car i would probably do whole job for 50 bucks labor if you were near pittsburgh pa

Last edited:
Back