460 & C-6

Randy N Connie

If I install a 460 block with 514 cid with a c-6 tranny.Where would the shifter
come out at.would it be in the stock location.Or would i need to mod
the shifter to fit.

I don't know... You build that 460 into a 514 and the shifter could be thrown way off...

lol..

just rippin on ya..

sorry I don't have a real answer also..

lol..

Chris

should come out in the factory location. cable shift. if you are just going to race get an adapter and put in a glide.

Randy, give me a hit..

Randy, it will still use the stock shifter, that is what I did. You don't even need anything fancy to make it work. The mount still uses the stock cross member, all you do is add a 6" square peice of steel with three holes drilled in it. You will have to make a holder for the shift cable and bolt it to two of the pan bolts. The hard part is getting the shifter to read the correct gear you are in. This is done by changing the location of where the cable mounts to the shift lever... If you want to call me and talk about this feel free to at 414-425-4710... One more thing, why stop at 514. go all the way to 567 and play with the big boys. Also if you do this go with the blue oval heads. They are nice and get rid of almost 150 lbs..... Rich

Id love to hear more about this swap and how it works for you. Ive been tossing the idea of a 460 around in my head for a few months. Rich, If you have done this already, how did it go, and what kind of hp numbers are you getting?

thunderstruck read this

There is a post marked Bigger engines, I just bumped it back to the top. Read this and it will answer some of your ???. If not feel free to get a hold of me and I can walk you thru this setup....Rich

Rich,
This conversion about gives me butterflies in my stomach. I didnt realize it would be as easy as you describe. I have to agree with your feelings about cubic inches. NOTHING drips American muscle like a carbureted big block. And putting it in an SC is a match made in heaven IMO. Im trying to get ready to build a house right now, so I cant do anything this year, but next spring, I would love to have this as my project. Ill find myself a nice donor car with a bad motor or head gaskets, and I'll be in business. ( I dont want to ruin a 35th) I need to make a run up to milwaukee some weekend soon to check your beast out. (I need to get a dash from you anyway. ) I dont even want to think about supercharging one. I do, but Id better not.

lots of room

You can do almost anything up front, there is a lot of space. The only tight spot is the top of the engine. You will want to setup something that is low, maybe a Elderbrock system if they have it out yet.I keep wanting to put the ruler on that FI 460 that is sitting here out of a truck, but I haven't done it yet... Look around and see what is offered for FI, I myself am happy with that big old Holley double pumper on this car ...Rich

Back