SCCoAGC Meet

FearThis SC

1. Please review this list and email me your current email address, if your still interested getting a meet together for July timeframe. Also, if you see someone that isn't around or is no longer in an SC, please let me know!!

SCCoAGC Listing

2. Need a volunteer to help create a LOGO fitting for us......SCCoAGC or a design with that logo inside it. Photoshop, etc. etc.....I'm opening to anything.....suggestions???

3. Meet Location, Where, I've noticed that most of the players are in Texas......So I'm thinking Houston, and the sea-level track at Houston Raceway Park. I'm open for any location.......suggestions???

Post your comments or suggestions.........remember to send me your email address via the address above.

v/r,
Calvin

Last edited:
San Antonio might be a good spot, that would be convenient for north (DFW, Lubbock, Amarillo, etc) & west (El Paso, Laredo, etc) Texas and of course the Austin crowd.

New Orleans would probably be great for Mississippi/Alabama and the Houston crowd.

Let's start lookin' at some dates for these meets. How's a 350-375 mile radius for meets sound?

'bird

125033136.jpg

tbird88 said:
How's a 350-375 mile radius for meets sound?
I will do and already had done, 600 one way for a meet, so there is no limit to my range. But others may not be so fortunate......

Hopefully we can start throwing some dates around here in the next few days, we just need a few more to chime in and lets us know what they have in mind.....

[edit] Austin would be a great place! [/edit]

Calvin

Last edited:
Blown AOD I guess

Well I was pushing for a meet but now the 89 Auto does not work. We are already pulling 2 engines in 5spd birds. In my thread someone answered because the little plastic piece holding (what I would call a passing gear linkage, from my old age) broke lose and did not send signal to AOD and I lost 3 and 4. Anyway it only shifts 1-2. So my pretty car with new paint and leather is busted, unless anyone wants to increase my denial and tell me how to get it out of passing gear. I knew I never should have fixed up the auto car. I bought it for parts and listened to others. Oh well......

So I guess I would like to see an August date but hey don't let me spoil the party. We do have one 5spd about street legal, we hope. Gues we could convert this auto to a man.

Doug Franklin up here in DFW area (How I HATE automatics!!!!)

Edit: Now that I blew off steam, hey if we can make it T-Bird or not we will be there regardless of date, unless work calls me elswhere. I kinda like SA or Austin. I havn't been there in awhile & they are nice cities. I go to Houston too much, for work. DFW would be good but I would like to push for that when I have some good cars running and wouldn't mind helping with the set up, later on.

Doug

Last edited:
tbird88
Love the pic.
Just noticed the 96/97 nose is on a 94/95. Exactly what I wanted on my 95. Is it yours or who's? Looks goooood!!!
Doug

I'm back finally running again
Calvin, interested in a meet any time any place.
Let me know if you need help with anything.504-416-7769

Avibank - Thats my SC with the '96-'97 front end.

I'm up for a Houston meet, however, if we decide on San Antonio then that would be even better for me.

Just name the place someone.

Guess I need to nose job my 95. I like the 96-7 hood for sure.

Well I put the 95 back together stock, still low comp in one cyl, as we were short a car after 89 fiasco. 91 we discovered an oil-fouler on the front left spark plug. Never knew what one was before. Just got the miss out of it due to a burnt wire to that plug. Havn't run this car much since we bought it. So 2 running but not sure how far to drive and trust them, yet. But we will meet anywhere and hope to meet some of you more technical types in Houston. You guys make the call.

My wifes daughter just signed a lease and will move out soon. Also I am closing on a crummy little house in Cresson proper next week to move office to, or rent out in winter. So for the summer I may have some space here if wanted for a meet. Maybe arrange a little time one day at the Motorsport Ranch, but not sure if I can get scheduled. www.motorsportranch.com old web site and developed a little more since then. A dyno was supposed to go in. Will have to check. All but a drag strip here, unless they will mark off for us.

What's up fer a Houston meet mid July? It's going to be hoTT but we could all run at Houston Raceway park, Make a pic-a-nick out of it or something.

Jeff

Houston's a pretty good distance from here, but if one gets going in N.O. I can make that.

How many SC's are in NOLA area?

I mean honestly how many are in a say 150 mile radius that might show up for a local Meet here in the city somewhere.
I just drove 1200 miles and as much as I'd LOVE to show up for a meet in Texas my fiancee would kill me if I up and vanished for 3 days. Flip side there are many nice spots I've found in the week since I came to town that would hold 25-50 cars, have food available, are easy to find, do not have Speedbumps/high curbs(I'm low...), and are in New Orleans.
PS are there any exhaust noise restrictions in the city? I can't get the cops to give me a straight answer and I don't want to find out the hard way...

There are only a very few SC's in the New Orleans area, that I know of or seen in the past 2 years.

As far as a meet, we are doing Houston on the 19th and 20th of JULY not JUNE. You are more than welcome to caravan over with Colby and myself.

New Orleans streets are TERRIBLE, be careful driving around the city with a lowered SC.....you shall see!

Welcome Aboard!

Calvin

Hmm July may be doable

Glad to be here 18 hours in a Penskee truck killed my back.
I'm just gald to have a nice mattress to sleep on and lots of pain killers.
Drop me a call sometime 736-9521
Do you know anything about the No Worrys Raceway?
I stumbled onto it at the juiceshop and it sounds pretty good.
2 mile roadcourse and a dragstrip all in one.
I was a member of the SCCOIA(www.sccoia.org) and head wrench turner up there.
The club was pretty loose as far as members there were about 8 SC's that came everytime for meets 2 or 3 V8 cars and a few NA V6's.
If you think these roads are bad you've not seen anything. We have a few people killed everyyear(DEAD) by frost heaves 2-3 feet high in the middle of the night BAM you can't even see them till it's too late.
These roads are smooth as glass compared.
I did manage to kill my strutrod bushings in one week though.
So yah I found that the main roads are fine the side roads are sometimes Ok and Kenners roads are pretty crappy.
People drive like they have NO brains here though WTF is that?

O, your talking about the Belle Rose track. I've heard of it, but never been to the actual track. Could be fun!!

Calvin

So the July 19-20th meet was canceled???
Man.. I just got my plugs, wires, and belts done, im still working on getting my EGR hooked up but other than that exhaust and everything is ready to go. I'm ready for a meet, so if we can relocate or even change the dates or anything... If anybody is willing to show up for a meet sometime this month or possibly even next month... let me know.
The best places for a meet in Texas i think would be Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, or San Antonio. There is also New Orleans... any other suggestions? and how many would show up to where...?

Last edited:
Back