Ticking & Popping sounds and other problems

N_Flight

Hi all, I've got a ticking noise coming from the engine but it only does this when my a/c is running. The a/c does not blow cold air. The air is cool, but not enough to keep anyone in the car from sweating :( So that will definitely have to be taken care of.

Also there is a "popping/rubbing" when I make left hand turns and some right hand turns as if it were a cv joint or maybe the tire was rubbing on something, but when I had the right hand ball joint replaced Monday the mechanic had everything off that wheel trying to find out what was causing the noise, but never could find it.

Along with everything else the tranny is slipping. It takes a little bit of time before it will take off from a stop and sometimes after a turn.

Any tips or info will be greatly appreciated.

N_Flight

Check the tranny fluid first, might just be low, might try a tranny flush, and some locus tranny stuff. This might buy you 6 months or so, but if it is slipping in 1st or 2nd, start pinching pennies .... you need a rebuild !

Check the front suspension, and inner fender for clean spots, look for any rubbing sings, and sings of contact. Might also check the springs, make sure they are seated correctly.

Engine tick, sounds like you need an A/C Compressor, and a accumulator, and flush all of the lines, and a conversion to r134a while your at it.

Good luck,
Sorry for all of the bad news.
Tim

Back