MPII, MP plenum, HP rating

Randy N Connie

I put a MPII BLOWER & MP plenum on my 1990SC auto.
with #42 Lucas injectors,190 fuel pump.

and I cam up with a 29.7 RWHP and 0.0 RWT. Increase

how did u not get any more torque? I aways thought those mods would give much more hp than you got and a lot more torque, are those specs normal? i know that's a hell of a lot of money, are you disappointed? I plan on going in that direction in time.
-damon

Yeah whats the boost difference..I didnt do before and after dynos when installing my ESM blower and various other crap..But I can tell you the increase was more then just a 28hp difference

well

do you still have the stock TB and MAF and intake? that might play a big part in keeping the hp from getting up there,,
-damon

GREATWHITE666,

how did u not get any more torque? That was my biggest surprise.

MIKE8675309,
Are you not overdriving the blower? Yes 10%

Damon Slowpoke Baumann,Whats the boost differnce? Before It would go 15lbs,
it will still boost to 15lbs.I do not know what boost I had on the dyno pulls. The power
band is much wider.Driving the sc it feels like it gained 50 rwhp at 12lbs of boost now.

GREATWHITE666.
Before the MPII & MP PLENUM was installed,I had .
76mm C&L MAF
MP 3in cold air intake
BBK 75mm throttle body
MP 3/4in raised top
10% od pulley
Magnacore wires
SCP exhaust with cats
On on the dyno I pulled 221.0RWHP & 331.9RWTQ

On the pull with the MPII MP PLENUM installed the mods were same as above
with the addition of.
March UD aluminum pulleys
190 fuel pump
Lucas injectors #42
On the dyno,I pulled 250.7RWHP & 331.9RWTQ.

KILLER SC,
here is the before and after dyno runs.

Last edited:
First I see that you are still running the stock IC? The stock IC is the bottleneck. From personal experience the stock IC is a power killer. Second is you are not tuning the car. The EEC needs to be reprogrammed for getting the best power gains. EEC Tuner will get you the ability to tune while on the dyno. Contact me I'll hook you up with a tuner. richt@mn12performance.com

Last edited:
The stock IC is definately a bottle neck..With increased volume of air, the IC will heat up faster..They only flow If I remeber correctly around 500 cfm..Your MPII is pushing out more then that I hope....Check how much boost your getting and get back to us also..With the same pulleys you should be getting around 3psi more Id say

Damon Slowpoke Baumann said:
They only flow If I remeber correctly around 500 cfm..

I wish....I believe they flow something like 250 CFM, and the double IC flows not much more at 350 - 400 CFM. The huge MP FMIC flows something like 700 CFM.

I actually had a similar experience. I installed a 5% OD im my 95 SC, underdrives, ported plenum, aluminum jackshaft pulley and picked up 17 RWHP and no TQ:confused:

I didnt really remember..But my bolt in Spearco flows 700cfm..But still doest get good airflow to it for cooling//If you can find one of those floating around might be a nce thing fer ya

Randy,

I think it was just the weather..mine lost about 40 rwhp and I didn't even break 400 rwtq that same day. I only made one pull after warming it up to test Brian's new data logger sensor reading gadget.

The power is still there, because last Tuesday I went over to Gateway with Kurt K and ran three 12.5 passes with the best being a 12.502 @ 110.32 with a lousy 1.855 60 ft.

David

I am not sure but I would say that from the first pull on 1-26-03 to
the second pull on 5-16-03.It may of have been 35 degrees +warmer.

Just reporting the out come of the MPII & plenum install on a stock motor & tranny
with only induction & exhaust upgrades.I think what I have done is what the majority
of SCers would like to do with out going into the motor.

since intercoolers have been brought up.I think for me to use the MP FMIC
I would have to turn the blower hat about 180 degrees.To straighten out
the ic tube coming out of the blower going into intercooler.

Why has no one run a liquid to air intercooler with the MP FMIC.
With the MP FMIC with the pipe coming out of the blower going across
the front of the motor wouldnt that be a good place to mount a tube
water to air intercooler.

I have found one major problem with the installation of the
MPII blower & MP plenum.

When I have the windows up,or down ,and I give it about half throttle.
The interior of my sc fills up with tire smoke.:D

Have I mentioned that I am glad I bought the MPII & MP plenum.

But I still need more power.

My billfold is getting thinner,but my head is starting to get fatter.:cool:

Last edited:
I only picked up about 35rwhp with about the same setup. I think you must have to tune these cars to get the most out of the bolt ons. I just bought a bone stock 94sc and the whole time i was driving it home i was thinking man whata pig this car is slow. The bolt ons make a huge diference but after youve had them for a while you forget how slow the car used to be.

Thanks Everyone, Keep the DATA coming!

I appreciate the response. I'll keep checking this post for any more info you guys have to give. Thanks Again.

Back