transmission Question (Kinda Long)

Joshua632

You might remember my post earlier this month about my aod going out. I was up in the air about buying a rebuilt one or having mine rebuilt. Well I decided to have mine rebuilt. Then I came across a deal that was too good to be true. which of course it was. it was supposed to be freshly rebuilt with a new torque converter $300. well when i took the drain plug out of the tq it was full of water mixed with tranny fluid. So of course I pulled the pan on the trans too. Water again! There was also calcium deposits up past the Valve body. So I stopped there and called the guy I bought it from. He said the tranny had definately been rebuilt and that his buddy that did it may have left it out in the rain.

My question is do I pull it the rest of the way apart and check the clutchs and od band or do I drop it at my own tranny guy and just have it rebuilt? and is that tq junk?

if i doesnt look real bad maybe you could put your valve body from old transmission in torque would prob be ok but without seeing its hard to say if worse than that i would forget it

Back