Keyless Entry Finding the Code

Doug Franklin

Keyless Entry, Finding the Code, Circuit Card

Thanks to "Mike8675309" and "tripntx" for the help and the SHO Keyless Entry link.
SHO keyless entry

The T-Bird is a little different in apperance but mainly does the same thing as the SHO. I have attached some photo's of how we figured out the sequence of buttons to push for the door pad.

Hope this helps others who bought an SC with no book, tag in trunk, or a tag on the keyless blackbox. Sorry about the file size.

Doug

Attachments

• keypad sequence.jpg
    keypad sequence.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
or you could just look in the trunk, under the hood, in the door jam, book,...etc...

I could see this being usefull if you find a used one from someone who didnt have the car.

Keyless code

You know, this is a great thing for people who do everything themselves and don't mind taking the chance of blowing your circuit board. I just want to make sure everyone knows that for $25-$50 you can take your car to MOST Ford dealers and they will hook up their computer and tell you the code.

Keep up the great work, I can't tell you guys how much I have learned on this site and how much time and money I have saved because of all the work you guys do and then tell us about it.
Thanks again,
Ed

Indeed kudos to Mike, Ed, and everyone who has helped share the wealth of info. From the Registry page, http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/KeylessCode.htm , here is a good drawing of the circuit board from an SC circuit board, courtesy of Ed Wick.

KeylessCode.gif

Have a great week all.

If I remember correctly, in addition to the previously mentioned locations for code tags, on my 92 there was a tag on the bottom of the front bumper cover, on the pass. side I believe. Maybe someone could take a look at theirs and verify this??

Back