How long did it take to do your engine mounts?

derekhay316

Just wondering how long it took your shop to replace your engine mounts. Reason i'm asking is because mine are gunna be done next week and I'd just like a rough estimate as to how long it takes. Thanks a lot.

Days!! then it turn into weeks,Now its 2 months later ,should be done tomorrow.:D

And if you call your SC bad names ,it could take longer.

If they are dropping the subframe or lifting the engine it shouldnt take more than 5 hours max(well it might:rolleyes: ). I've done it in 2 hours to about 2 weeks?:D

AsScLoWn, If you did it that fast do you have film. If so please download.:D

As short as you arms are you must of changed the motor mounts from
underneath the car.

At least you didnt bang your head with that hat your wearing.

How did you get under that car, its so low? :confused:

Last edited:
I just

open hood
remove tires
remove bolts/nuts using long extension and impact u-joint with deep sockets
undo mount to subframe bolts (using u-joints again), remove oil filter I think?, I forget :p
lift the engine from the pan
theres a bolt to subframe on the driver side thats hard to see
on the passenger side I remove the knock sensor and thread it in back quickly :D

I think the impact style universal joint is what makes it easy to reach in odd places

As short as you arms are you must of changed the motor mounts from
underneath the car.

At least you didnt bang your head with that hat your wearing.

How did you get under that car, its so low?
Im a midget:D:p

i think the drivers side took me 2 or 3 hours fairly tough to do i never did right side yet

derekhay316, Did you get your mounts changed.

I still have not got my passenger side changed yet.

Well i said i would have mine done tomorrow,its a week later still not on.
Just have to give up on it i guess.

Took me a weekend 1 day per side about 8 hrs a day, thats with removing the accessory brackets (pwr-steering/alt and A/C compressor). However, the pass side I did in about 2 hours, including the trip to the store to get a replacement, about a year later.. Didn't actually need to take the A/C compressor bracket off that time. So, the first time takes at least twice as long. I could probably do the whole job in about 5-6 total now. Thats from the top-side (mostly) without dropping the subframe.
Also when I do a job, I tend to take my time so as not to mess anything up. I don't round off bolt heads with impact tools in my quest for speed.

Another example: replaced my lower control arms this week.. did the driver's side first.. had to make a trip to Sears to get a socket, a trip to the neighbors garage to get tools, another trip to the parts store to get bushings.. took about 4 hours for that side of work and head scratching and to solve the mysterys, took about 1.5 hours total for the passenger side once I knew what I was doing. :D So, with a little practice you get a lot faster.

Don't mean this as a insult. But i don't beleive it.

To start with it take me 1hour and 45min. to get to town and back.

You must live in town.

It took me about an hour to remove the air-con & jack shaft bracket
and remove the bolts in motormount all but the bolt in the rear of the
motor mount. I spent the next 4 1/2 hours trying to get one bolt out of
the rear of the mount.And this is not my first attempton removing the passenger
mount.

Last edited:
Back