Anyone using Taylor 8mm?

B

BlueThunder90

Anyone using Taylor 8mm?

Anyone using these wires? Good/Bad?

wires

I've had them on my SC for a few years, they seem pretty good. Some of the wires were a bit long, they had to have a bit more loop put in them to make up for that.

cheers
Ed N.

Re: wires

THEY ARE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, DO NOT BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had my SC for almost 2 years, and am on my second set of Taylors which are about to go in the garbage in favour of anything but Taylors from now on.

They are "direct fit" (total bs) and the clips are made of the sh*ttiest quality plastic you will ever see in your life. Some of my wires are hanging on to the coil pack without clips at all!!! My best advice to you, especially after contacting Taylor and getting a "too bad" response, is to buy FR 9mm wires or Magnacore 8.5mm wires, and I will contiue to trash Taylor whenever possible. I would buy Neihoffs from CT before I would ever buy Taylor for any car ever again.

The wires themselves got so hot from the manifolds they started arcing onto them and had to be replaced, that was the first time.

Take it or leave it.

Re: wires

Hey hey hey...easy on the CTC Neihoffs..lol. I've had those in for almost 2 years and they work perfectly and are lasting very very well. Hell if they got the old girl through all those track runs last summer and never missed a beat(outside of the lousy driver) they ain't that bad.

Steve I agree with Bill you should see those Taylors of his and I know he does not abuse stuff...they look like sheee-ite.

re: Taylor wires

C'mon Bill, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel about Taylors !!

cheers
Ed N.

see you tomorrow, better bring lots of $$ :)

Re: re: Taylor wires

Haaaaaaaaaa Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Funny.

I can't make it out tomorrow to get those parts. I will come first things next week. I may need an oil pan still, so I might as well get everything at once. Email me.

do you think there is an advantage to the Taylor wires?

truth be told the Neihoffs are some of the best wires out there, period!

Thanks Sab....at least I don't feel foolish running CTC's Neihoffs, hell they didn't exactly give those babies away I think they were 69 dollars????

Good points Les and Sabby. The Neihoffs probably are on of the better wires available. The Taylor's were $85 or something like that, CAN$. The wires I ordered for the new motor are Ford Racing 9mm wires, matching blue, direct fit with the coil pack connectors included. They are $89 USD.

FYI.

Well, I got them already for a good price from a friend and I haven't installed them yet. I will let you know how they go.

I had a smilar problem with the broken coil pack clips and Taylor customer service said they buy their clips from the same company Ford does. Anyway, lifetime guarantee so they replaced them.

Re: Anyone using Taylor 8mm?

Mike,

Do you have a contact # for them? I flipped them an email and got no where. Something about the clips being the defect of anothe manufacturer and not covered under warranty.

Did they replace the whole set, or just the individual lengths?

Thanks again,

has any one used Borg Warner one i have seen them on ebay just wanting to know if they are any good or not

jason

I think I pulled a # off their web site.
The clips were abolutely covered.
They replaced only the leads with the broken clips with no questions asked.
What I ended up doing is buying a 2nd set, so now if a lead breaks again, I just install the spare and send the broken one away.
Kind of a pita but I can't complain about the lifetime warranty.

I've had mine for almost 3 1/2 years with no problems as of yet.

what ones have you been using for the last 31/2 years the taylor ones?

jason

Back