I am ordering some I/C tape from the US, anyone else need?

B

Bill A McNeil

I am ordering some I/C tape from the US, anyone else need?

I am ordering some intercooler sealant tape from George Oneill and it is sold in 5 foot strips. It is $11 USD per strip, potentially cheaper if we order more. Rather than ship many many minscule packages of this stuff, I thought some people may want to stock up.

Also, this cannot be purchased from Ford of Canada without the TB and plenum gasket retailing for like $43.00. Even then you will likely only get enough to seal them once (should you do it again).

Also, before ordering I am looking into some other options like ordering from Gore Tex, the original manufacturer for the Ford tape. I am yet to explore thier website. At this time, I am just assessing interest so that if I order I will know to order for others.

Thanks,

Re: Sealant Tape

Hey Bill, I'm in for a roll.
Met Sabby outside your work last Sat., didn't know which dep't you work in or I would've popped in to say hi.
Talk to you soon, Steve

Bill,

I'll likely do the Permatex Copper thing this time around, but you can count me in for one or maybe even two rolls so I'll have some on hand for the next time.

Cheers,

Sean

Hell add me to the list too, it never hurts to have some kicking around.

Okay guys, I'll let you know when I start getting some prices back from the sellers.

It looks like this will be a worth while run.

Hey Bill count me in to. Since I don't know where you live how or where can I pay you after you receive the tape? I live in the Collingwood area, do you know where that is? If it's not like hundreds of miles away maybe I can just drive to your place and pick it up.

Mike

www.geocities.com/superch...0422890540

Mike,

I live in Toronto. I am still waiting to hear back from my source about pricing and quantities. I will keep you in mind and contact you before ordering. Flip me an email so I have your address.

Thanks,

Re: I am ordering some I/C tape from the US, anyone else nee

yell i'm in. i learned so much on sunday at the meeting so this looks like something that i'll need to do down the road. so please save me some headaches finding this stuff.

Why does nobody use Teflon tape that you can get from Home Depot? I've been using that on mine with no problems. That's even what they recommend in the repair manual.

Just curious what the difference in the tape is.

I have attempted using teflon tape from Home Depot, the stuf it too brittle and unmanagable I found, unless you were using a different version. The I/C tape Ford uses is plyable and strong, also much thicker than teflon tape I believe.

UPDATE: Our supplier of approx 11 USD tape strips has fallen through. Bill Evanoff will sell us the same amount for 15 USD, but you guys can get that anytime you need it, unless you want it shipped over with mine to avoid any shipping costs.

Let me know.

Just to save the hassle, you might consider buying tape from the Ford dealer.

Intercooler Sealant Tape. This includes enough tape for several applications.
Ford part number E9PZ-6F091-A. Price is approximately $40 CAN.

I would like to avoid hassle as much as anyone, but Ed old me it is only enough for one application.

Also, you are paying for a new TB and plenum gasket every time!

I am shipping it with packages alerady coming, so there will be no shipping payments or duty levied.

The Ford part# you quoted is like $42 plus GST and PST, plus the drive up to Ed's in Bolton.

I have that E9PZ-6F091-A kit in my hot little hands right at the moment.
Retail is $56cdn, Ed is giving you a good price.
Besides a TB, EGR and plenum/manifold gasket, there is a tube of Bostik nickel anti-sieze, instructions and only 18" of the sticky sided self adhesive teflon. Barely enough to get the job done with 4 2½" joints to seal.

Steve Best

Guys,

Tonight Sebastien, Les and Seb's friend Mike were at my place helping me put the rest of my car back together again. Sebastien used the Ultra Copper RTV to seal my IC tubes, and he did a really great job! There's hardly any mess at all, and it looks like they're sealed, but I guess we'll know tomorrow morning for sure, when I boost the dead battery and fire the engine up.

I have asked Bill to grab me a roll of the IC tape too, but I don't think I'll be rushing to pull my IC tubes apart again just to replace the sealant with the tape. I hope the stuff doesn't have any distinct shelf-life?!

Cheers,

Sean

Back