Lowering springs 1.5?1.75??2.0???

SCIBURNRICERS

I want to lower my car!I have the 89 SC,I had a 92 that I believe was lowered 2 inches and I liked that height!If anyone has a lowered sc can you please send me a pic!,Tell me how low it is,and where to get 2 inch lowering springs,and also who has good prices and qualitly,One more thing where to find cheap shocks and struts..Thanks
Randy

Email: Vtec474@netscape.net

I'm a newbie when it comes to modified cars, but I lowered my Cougar with the Eibach kit, which lowers the car 1.5'' and I wouldn't go any lower. There is clearance, but depending on the road conditions in your area, more than that might cause problems. Also, when riding in the city, those sidewalk entrances are sometimes a little high to keep the car from touching the ground, so... For the shocks, I don't know cause I kept the original ones since they were fine. You have to prepare yourself for a rougher ride with this setup, though.

Sorry, I have none and there's no way I can have some before the end of July since I'm currently in Germany and I wasn't able to fit the car in my luggage, sadly because of the unlimited speed on the Autobahn:( . Anyways, there is roughly 1.25 inches between the top of the wheel and the bottom of the outside fender, so it gives an awesome look. Check out Aaron Pedroza's car (92 SC) to have a general idea of the height. Also, when you install the springs, if you do it yourself, you'll have the feeling of having been ripped off until you finally put the whole car down because the springs will look like the was actually raised until then. And if your jack used to fit tight before you lower the car, try to find a lower one, because you'll have fun taking it out of there afterwards. It didn't happen to me but it was pretty close.

Less

lowering

im going to drop my car 1.5 but i have stock tires and will my tires hit the wheel well at all

No they shouldn't hit at all, even when you're driving, assuming your shocks are in good condition. We have pretty rough roads where I live (Western Quebec, our National Day today!!!!:D:D:D) and I'm not the 60 mph type of driver, so I tested it quite a few times and it never touched.

Less

An XR7 looks completely different than an SC, lowered. A 2" drop would look awesome on an SC. If you're worried about ground clearance, get the H&R spring kit - 1.75" front, and 1.5" rear lowering. I would also recommend replacing the shocks, if your car has high milage.

thanks!!!!

I lowered it with the intrax drop 2 in the front and 1.8 in the rear.Car looks Sweet I also put Cobra r's on(17x9) Roads are rough around here but the car rides good.I think I am going to put them shocks and struts off Ebay on my car,Should ride better.

Lowered 1 1/2" which is low enough for me.
Flip

Attachments

• 93 sc.jpg
    93 sc.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 325
mvc-002f.jpg

Lowered 1.25"... And I still ground out every now and then.

Hey gents, I had alot of posts way back in beginning of last winter about all of this, now I'm on a phone based labtop on the road and dont have the time for the slow speeds to search through. Basically, I've got the 94 sc pearl, now with the new job I can finnaly hook it up the way I want, though still keeping a budget in mind. I'm from upstate NY, where the roads are shot to say the least, I want the max amount of drop, I'm looking at intrax for a good price and most drop, but my memory tells me that I remember alot of people saying bad things about the way it squats at the end, that the 1.8 and the 2.0 were improper measurements and that the front looks to sit higher, was memory right, and also I remember just finding a new release on dropzone springs with good drop and unbeatable price, anyone heard anything on those yet. And with using stock rims and I think same size tires, how about bottom. And I'm looking for a nice comfortable ride, not real stiff and tight, do I go new shocks/struts, or keep original, budget minded too..... i'd rather have a floaty cadilac feel then a jerky race car feel. best combo??
Does anyone know whos car this is, I want to know howmuch drop they have on it, mines the exact same.

Attachments

• serno952.jpg
    serno952.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 305
na, not mine, not yet, but thats what mine looks just like, except hes got the clear corner lenses and a drop, thats what I can do to mine for cheap and quick. but I found an old post of mine where I found the intrax for 160, so yea, send me a pic so I can see what the real deal is, I remember folks saying they sagged and leaned impropper.

email is lostsoul74@yahoo.com

This is my custom 2" drop with 16" Millie Miglia's. Car never rubs and rarely bottoms out. Have to be very careful when you go down 2", speedbumps are not your friend :D

Attachments

• im0018781.jpg
    im0018781.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 284
if you put a one dollar bill from the ground up the long way thats how low my car is!

don't go any lower then 1.5 like has been said many time in this thread only because of the drive ways are not all the same in most place an you will scrape the bottom front and rear of the car. OUCH ! don't hurt that car please!!

Attachments

• 1989 t-bird sc ltd 3.jpg
    1989 t-bird sc ltd 3.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 260
Back