Head Gaskets under Warranty ????

Black94SC5spd

I have a 1994 Super Coupe. A friend of mine last night believes that he saw white smoke come out of my exhaust. Bad news. The car has had problems staying cool for the last week. More Bad News. I am now getting a wonderful smell of coolant when i turn the heater on. Still no good news. I am wondering if this is under a warranty or a factory recall for my car. It would be really sweet if it is.

Thanks for all responses in advance.

Nick

I can't imagine they are under warrenty!!!!
The olny way i could see this, is if a dealership recently installed them!!!!! If not, I think you're out a luck!!!!! Sorry buddy!!!!! One of the beauty's of owning a fine auto like the SC.lol

The 94 - 95 cars had extended coverage (not exactly the same as a recall, they were only repairing affected vehicles) for 7 years or 100,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever comes first. So chances are, unless it sat on the dealer's lot for a few years before being sold, it's out of the program limitations by time.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I got my 94 fixed under ford's recall. It was just past 7 years with 79K on the clock. I did have to do some fighting to get it covered past the deadline.

Brian

I know a guy who paid for a $4000 long block from Ford. at 90,000 km's and they didn't even tell him about the extended warranty. The car is as far as I know still for sale with 168,00 km's on it
year:94
5-speed
dark red with grey interior with moonroof

This may be a dumb question, but why would failing headgaskets cause you to smell coolant when the heater is turned on? Just wondering.

-Rod

Back