Where can one get a LARGER crank pulley (8" vs 7")

DMX

As the mods continue and things come together like forged pistons and such I will be looking to up the boost.

However since this isnt an SC with the jackshaft the total drive ratio is a bit less. Constantly going to smaller and smaller pullies will start to cause a slippage problem so I am looking into getting a slightly larger crank pulley in the 7.5"-8" range.

Do they make those? or just UNDERdrive crank pullies?

For me there would be a little more parasitic loss from the accessories, but more boost to compensate...and with the added benefit of spinning the waterpump a little faster.

Ideas?

Probably looking at cost in the range of $150-$200. You are running the blower off the crank pulley directly? How did you solve alignment issues? Let me know if you can't find anyone to make it up and Ill see what I can do.

Paul

( :eek: :mad: :confused: ) <-- sticker shock lol

The blower pulley just so happened to line up within a few centimeters of the belt track on the 3.8 Taurus, and I finally got some good belt wrap on it to get rid of slippage, here are the lastest pics

project-idler-hardware5.jpg

project-idler-hardware6.jpg

Keep in mind this is a shot from the SIDE of the engine (FWD)

I tried the vortech site and a few others and they all have underdrive. I assume that if I can find a source for the 3.8 'stang or crank that it would work the same for my engine, I cant imagine why they would bolt up any differently.

Back