Rings

gw-west

Can you mess up your rings by upgrading your super-charger? There's a guy selling a "newly rebuilt Eaton M90 MagnaPort Supercharger" on eBay and he claims:

"This is a newly rebuilt 1994 Eaton M90 MagnaPort supercharger. It was rebuilt and ported by Magnum Powers. It has only about 40 miles on it, my rings couldn't take the added boost provided by this blower! This blower provides about 45 more HP than a 89-93 blower, and 25 more than a 94-95 blower. Too expensive to fix car again, so I am selling it. Rebuild/port took place about 1 1/2 months ago, great buy, you can buy these ported blowers new for about $1600, at my Buy It Now price of $1000 this is a steal. It comes with a ported matching stock inlet plenum. The rear inlet was ported, increasing the total area by %20. Has a 5%OD pulley on it. Any intercooler tubes needed will be included."

I just wanted some input on this. It's item #2416460270.

Thanks,
Chris :)

As far as I know these cars are pretty tough (except the head gaskets!) And if its mechanically sound I wouldnt think it would be a problem.

My piston rings got trashed in my stock 91 SC but I think the person that had the car before me really trashed it. I had the engine completely rebuilt, new pistons and all, about 6K miles ago. I don't beat on it really at all, never go above 4500 RPM's, and to get even close to that is rare but it runs great.... for now

Back