Lower control arm diffs.

TbirdSCFan

I ordered 2 lower arms with the ball-joint and when they arrived, noticed the shock mount was different. Has anyone used these OK? These were Ford parts, but listed under 92-93.. However, when I had Max at 5-star Ford double check the application, he said they were correct. I also noted that if you order an aftermarket arm from a place like Parts America, the listing for 89-93 is a TRW part and is the same part # for all years.
Interestingly, the Ford part is made by TRW.

Last edited:
Yes, the ones that I bought from Ford and installed on my 89 looked just like those. They've worked great, I probably put 30,000 miles on them.

-Rod

Looks exactly like the TRW ones I just got for about 30-40 percent less than from Ford. I have not intalled mine yet, but it looks simply like a different type of bushing than the old ones had and it has locking teeth on it to grip the shock mount.

Those look just like the ones I installed on my '90 a few months ago. I had concerns about the design change also, but they work.

Do you know if those are the original arms on your car? I think what you are experience is Ford and it's parts suppliers downgrading original SC parts to their regular 'Bird components to cut down on the number of parts they maintain. Sometimes we're lucky to have any part at all for some things!

Back