i got the silencer

90scoupe

next to the radiator??? its an oblong heart valve looking thing that doesnt even serve a purpose. gonna get more pics of the car soon had some lost them. car runs a little louder when speeding up.i love my sc and guess what the three bolts that you have to pull off hey the thing fell out but one stayed leaving the air box still clamped down!!! lol thanks for all the help everyone!

Now here's something for you. Cut the outside of the box apart. You will find a nice bend and transition into the air box. Cut it so it still bolts to the box and strap on a 5 - 7" conical filter and get rid of your panel filter. Nice easy boost for you.

cut it how? you saying fut the top of the box, the part that clips on the bottom part or like the front of both peices i just yanked the air box off too:D sorry i just cant picture it

The silencer looks like a box with and opening on the top and the front. If you turn that box so the part that bolts to the air box is on top all you have to do is cut through the first layer of it and all other fives sides of that box can come off exposing just one flat piece that bolts to the air box and a tube, then you clamp the filter to the tube. Sorry if it is unclear but I am having trouble trying to explain this without a pic. Used to have pics of this whole process but... Maybe someelse saved them from my old web site.

no actually i think it makes sence now the silencer is on top where the box is removing the box all together? unfortunantly i tossed it out to the dump :( to bad so sad,but thanks

Back