headlights

kenewagner

I recently picked up a 93 sc and the front head lights are yellowed and weathered. Are there any other outlets to purchase a set of new ones other that the dealer?

Try Ebay

Yes,
Try E-Bay...I bought my new headlamps off E-Bay and payed $72.50 apiece..you will pay close to twice that for them at your local parts store...the ones I got off E-Bay also had the metal clips so the lens won't blow away..(Which can happen from time to time on these headlamps)

Happy Shopping,
Rick in FL:cool:

A few ideas

$74 is a pretty good price. Here's another site:

http://www.headlightwarehouse.com/shop/shopping/?id=299

They have them for $84 brand new.

But, before you spend a couple hundred bucks, you may want to try to polish the ones you have. I've used a product called Scratch out by KIT wax. Comes in a yellow bottle and Walmart has it for about $2. It did a real nice job on mine restoring them but they are not quite as shiny as the brand new ones. If you want to put your money to another use now, the Scratch Out will make it look presentable.

Hope this helped.

dunno

Doug,
I dunno I haven't had mine very long but....They do have clips on them to hold the lens in place so they won't blow off anymore:D

?

I guess I don't know what you mean by a lens blowing off. I thought it was one big plastic housing. You mean the front comes off? I never noticed or had the problem.
Doug

Yea the front

Yea,
This is actually a common problem with T-Birds the clear plastic lens (front part) will blow off the Headlamp assembly after many years of deterioration of the seam...The new replacement assemblys have metal clips to hold the lens in place..it is most common on the passenger side for some reason.:rolleyes:

Back