Which 5% pulley to buy?

DGernmann

Which 5% pulley to buy? Or Do you want a 5% pulley?? Group buy

The time has come for me to purchase a 5% supercharger pulley for my 94SC. ESM has the nice billet ones for $85 and supercouperformance has another type of pulley for $70.

Which one is better? I don't know any of the stats for the one on SCP.

I did a search and did not find anything. Please help thanks!

Last edited:
It's all looks, if you want a stock looking pulley then go with SCP, if you like the billet then go with ESM. They both perforform the same and will last forever.

maybe paul could get a group buy going again on the esm to save you some money. i think it was like $70 or something last year when we got like 5 or 10 people together from him and i picked up mine.

Jeff

i got my ESM 5% when they did the group buy last year......it was $60...see if they can get another one going....

They say you dont need a shorter belt, but mine did.....it was getting a ton of slipping when it would get warm(soften belt)

i like the look of the ESM in the engine bay...it really stands out and looks good

todd

I'm for a group buy

I'm ready for a 5% pulley too so I would be game for a group buy on the ESM... PM me if your up for it....

Rick in FL:cool:

You know, all you have to do is ask. We can get a group buy going right after Carlisle. Someone contact me and I will work out the details.

Paul

While I have a 5% pulley, that was on my car when I purchased it, if I were to do it over, I would just clean up the exhaust properly and go with the 10% jackshaft pulley from ESM.

When you are looking at bang for your buck as well as trying to avoid belt slippage, the 10% jackshaft pulley would be a better investment today. Consider that when thinking about a 5% pulley.

For early or late model sc's

Is the 5% calculated in reference to the earlier or late model supercahrgers, being the late models have larger stock pulleys?

Can someone tell me how much of a real world power difference there is between a 5 and 10% pulley? I do know that the exhaust should be done first, but I am wondering how much more the 10% pulley can put out. This being on an 89-93 SC.

Matt

talon660, I believe it is for 89-93, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think a 5% is like 7-8ish% on a 94-95. Anyone else heard this?

Kind of on the subject did you notice a nice difference after installing the 5% Jeff or others? And just for curiosty what kind of boost were you making before the install?
Julian

Back