1/4 mile virgin no more...

007_SuperCoupe

But by no means an expert! I am, however, addicted. All it took was one run. I actually took the trip down the strip last Friday night, but haven't been near a computer over the weekend. I've got a pretty much stock '89 auto. I've done basically 3 minor mods to the car: 1.73 roller rockers, a '95 supercharger (running the stock '95 pully) and a removed air silencer. I discovered a problem on the way to the track too, which I believe is my crank sensor. That caused a moderate hesitation somewhere around my 60'. I was also running on bald street tires. Melon and Thomas A can attest to the balsness of my tires! Other than that, I don't have any other mods to the car. Not even a K&N air filter. I'm also still running the stock exhaust. With that said, I ran a 15.676 at 89.4 mph. I was only able to make one run, as I was supposed to meet my wife 1-1/2 hours earlier. A second run was out at that point! I'm not sure how much the hesitation (crank sensor) cost me in time and speed, but I'm guessing a couple tenths and close to 1 mph. I'm not sure though because I didn't have time to compare with others who were running close to my time. I'm pretty sure my 60' time is pretty slow. It was a 2.438. I'm pretty sure the hesitation occured before that. But I think that I recovered nicely, being my first ever run. I didn't think the mods I had done would get me much beyond this time even when the car is running good. My goal was 15.5 to 15.6 in a well running car, but that wasn't the case Friday. I'm getting the crank sensor today! Now I'm thinking I might be able to pull off a 15.3 or 15.4 with a little more practice and that new crank sensor...

Oh yes.. his tires are bald. I would hate to take a long trip with tires like those. Don't worry Sam - the V6 in my 'Bird would do worse than that.. not sure about my Ranger though :)

-Andy "Melon"

Back