intake

R

ryan a harris

intake

upon inspecting a few things today, i found that my intake tube(the one between the filter and throttle body)has a split in it. the hole is right by the throttle body. does any one have one thses kicking around or know where to get one sort of cheap?

Re: intake

Ryan,

I've got one, and I'm sure about 500 other SC'ers do too! Most of us just swapped out the stock intake tubing for a nice Cold Air Intake kit like the MAC kit that Ed at Fines Ford can get for you. I think the price was around $300 CDN, but the piece looks really sweet under your hood, and it included all stainless steel hardware, blue silicone connectors, and a rather large conical filter that mounts in your fenderwell to draw in the cool air.

If you have your heart set on sticking with the stock tube, or if you are operating on a budget right now, then drop me a note, and I'll see about digging that stock tube out for you.

Keep in mind that the hole is allowing in unmetered air right now! You did say that the hole was right before the TB, right? That is a bad thing at high engine speeds especially, as it will result in your car being leaned out, which usually leads to detonation, which usually bakes your head gaskets in a hurry. You should probably do something about this ASAP!

Am I off the mark here, guys???

Best regards,

Sean

I made myself a custom polished intake with a K&N cone filter for about $115 CDN. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Yo Steve I gotta see this it sounds affordable!!!

Ryan get a roll of million mile tape(duct tape) for now and seal up that hole in the rubber intake tube.

Back