differnce with sc/na rims?

agutsechicken

whats the deal man did the n/a thunderchickens get shafted just becasue we dont have the supercharger? my 91 t-bird's rims look the same as the sc's of the same years but mine are 15's and sc's have 16's i kinda like the look of my rims and was wanting to put lowering springs on too. ok maybe im mistakin cause now that i think about it 89-93 sc's have the fan blade like rims where the na's had the other design?uuhhhh wait i think i got it all wrong oh dang ive gone cross eyed maybe i need to go look at some other pics again.I was thinking of polishing mine with a smaller tire or something but if they arent atleast 16's i wont bother becuase my tires look like truck tires:mad:

Last edited:
Don't know if there is a question in there but SC's all have 16" and all LX's had 15" rims. Looks like you'll have to go with a set of SC rims or find some aftermarket rims you like.

some lx's look similar to the sc's. Take a closer look next time. And their an inch smaller like Aaron Pedroza said.

89-92 LX wheels

03250013small.jpg

93-95 LX wheels

05100009small.jpg

89-93 SC wheels

fsmall.jpg

-Rod

aaaahhhhh wow thanks for the clearing up still think its kinda silly to make so many rims for the same car but hey more choices i guess thanks again

Oh, there's more than just those. 94-95 SC's, 96-97 LX's, the early base model steel wheels, and if you really want to get into it, start thinking about the different types of Cougar and Mark 8 wheels.

-Rod

the 1996-97 thunderbird lx/cougar with sport package has the 16'' wheels.

They are the same wheels as the 94-95 supercoupe, but they have a different center cap.

JH

Back