Foglight problems

Joe Russo

Just got a 94 SC. Everything works exept for the foglights. The switch I found was fine, and the orange light goes on in it also when it is turned on. The wires coming up to it show ~12V when the headlight switch is on. Does this mean there must be a relay in between? I know there were none on earlier cars but I'm thinking that could have been another change in 94. If so, I need to know where the relay would be located so I can replace it.

Have you tried new bulbs? Sounds like you are getting power there, you just need bulbs. The stock fog lamps are more for looks than for actual function. I have never been able to tell the difference when my fog lamps were on or not. There are not any relays present in that circuit. One of the downfalls to Ford's engineering. It all goes through a multifunction switch. If you have power at the foglamp switch, then you have power at the lights. You can double check to make sure that the wires weren't cut, but then I think that you wouldn't be getting the amber light in the switch.

Just some food for thought with these cars. Start small when you are doing fixes. Generally there is something small causing a seemingly big problem. At any rate, welcome aboard.

Back