Whipple...sure looks easy... *pics

tbird88

Sure doesn't seem much to it, but then again I tend to have that attitude towards wwwaaaaayyy too many things sometimes :)

Let's see...
1 cut the intake roof out,
2 install new roof,
3 build a snout,
4 use the M90 shaft/bearings/pulley,
5 build a coupler,
6 fab intake plenum,
7 fab bypass,
8 do burnout across Jeffro's yard...

"the glass is half full"

'bird

compare0126.jpg

compare0136.jpg

whip0046.jpg

whip0056.jpg

whip0076.jpg

where the heck

where the heck do you guys come up with this stuff everyone knows you cant cut the roof off manifold and mount a blower like that . he he looks good .

oh man the coronas new I forgot sumthin

hey the manifold is easy the ic is harder, the water outlet is a snap the snout thing ? well show me pics this sounds good . love it when someone goes the extra mile. I have two compleate inverteds but the whipple is a wet dream come true,

then the hard work dialing it all in.that must be when the coronas come in need any help I will help drink the coronas. honest!

IC is easy, plenty of options on that but ain't usin' one anyway...First time around with the combo I'll see what the exit temps are, if they're under 240 and the heads stay put then I'll be happy.

'bird

What I did do was run pump gas, a kenne bell boost a pump as well as a boost timing retard. Being it was on a 5.0 I could always play with initial timing. I also had an alcohol injection kit which allowed me to retard timing to 0 under boost..This blower is just so much more efficient than the typical eaton..I assume though if you want to run high teens in boost an IC will be mandatory..I personally couldnt keep the tires planted in 1-3rd gears so more boost really wasnt needed...A simple air/liquid IC would be nice though..I might have been able to run more then 9psi I just never attempted too,,Many stang guys with only a chip are running great with that boost. The custom burnt chip was my next move but I decieded to sell the car and pulled blower off..Good luck with it:O)

Back