How Long Can These Motors Lase Before Rebuild?

Kris

How Long Can These Motors Last Before Rebuild?

Mine Is Stock with 224000 km's, not sure what that is in miles, but it has been lady driven for the last 8 years, and i am wondering when to plan on rebuilding the engine?

thanks

Last edited:
my five speed with 2.73 gears is still goin 207k miles i just put headgaskets at 202k miles i dont rev it hardly ever over 3300rpm it still runs great 31 mpg on a freeway trip the other day
224000.000 kilometre [km] equivalent to: 139193.60000 mile

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has found or reached the limit. People will tell
you that when they do their head gaskets, there is very little wear on the cylinders, you can still see the hash marks on the cylinder walls even with 250,000 - 300,000 miles on the engine.

Lots

238,000 KMs. Original Headgaskets. 25 plus runs at the strip and flogged hard on the street on occation. A bevy of bolt on's coming its way . . . will the bottom end give out? Maybe . . . but I don't worry about it . . .

Dave

I test drove one with either 250K or 350,000 on it and did not buy it about 3 years ago. The car was a 5spd and pulled as strong as a new one. I could not believe it. I just figured everything would be worn very even and before long nothing would work, but I was probably wrong. At $3000-3500 he wanted way too much. Someone on here reported 700K miles, I think?

Last edited:
hmmm

at least FORD made something durable with this car... lol. I just about never really floored my car when i first got it because i didnt want to blow something... until someone told me that it was made to handle that much if not more..... :D
-Damon

Back