5 speed trans

Andre Perrault

have a '89 sc with very hard ingagement of reverse & 1st gears.
I've read all the tech forems but find no real answers. The clutch was replaced about a year ago, with a Center Force 2, new slave and release assembly, and the pilot bearing. Engagement was not much different. Knowing the trans was in need of a rebuild but had to wait till a few months ago. It was fully rebuilt useing fiber syncors. Still had very hard time engaging first gear & or reverse when COLD. When coming to a stop I engage 1st before i stop & keep the clutch disengaged. If not need to push very hard at the stop or shut off the engine. When I drive till warmed up and will try engaging reverse which more often then not grinds requiring to shut off the engine. This is eratic as some time it all works fine. My macanic rebled the sysem with temporary results. He then replaced the slave with another again with tempory results. Next he replaced the master and feed line having found a kink in the line, worked for a while. He then replaced the master & slave with temporary results. He want,s to get it back in to get this solved. NEED help.

Back