orange arrow light and tone .

Jeremy_K

yesterday i was taking my xr7 for a high speed cruise. when i really put my foot to the floor and get on it, the orange light with the arrow comes on with a steady tone as well. i know this arrow is reminding you to use premium fuel only. i only use 93 octane so why does it come on when i'm punching the pedal?

Uhh, that arrow has nothing to do with using premium fuel

It is an idiot light saying you are revving too high and to get off the gas so the car can shift

would it go 110 + MPH if it wasn't in overdrive? I have also seen it come on sitting still a couple times.

Last edited:
If it is coming on while sitting still...

I wouldn't drive it too awfully hard then. Ever since my Harmonic Balancer broke a couple months back, I have been sort of watching the SCCOA for similiar symptoms and warning people as soon as I notice a possible warning sign. If the light comes on while sitting still, you might want to run a code test to see if you are pulling any codes related to the ignition (crank sensor in particular). While idling, pop the hood, and watch the crank pulley to see if it wobbles. Also do a "wiggle" test and have someone in the car while you fiddle with possible loose connections to the engine.

Phil

Captain she can't take any more!

The light indicates a pending warp core meltdown. Separate the saucer section and get away as fast as you can!

LMAO.

Sorry guys. It's been a long day and I couldn't resist. Just happy I've got a 5 speed.

Seriously, good luck correcting the problems.

The problem I have with my auto is the upshift light sometimes comes on and I'm in OD. I am not going THAT fast. It's why I have been wondering about some 2.73 gears for the highway. Oh the temptation to mod. Sigh.

yeah, i probably shouldn't be going that fast anyway. that light probably doubles as an "about to blow a head gasket idiot light"!
thanks for the replies.

Back