S/C pulley removal...

on the pully itself there is the nut behind that actual nut that screws off so you can use another wrench for leverage with that and some elbow grease you should be able to get the nut of... after that, getting the pully itself off is a b*tch, if you use a 2 arm pullerlike i did you bend the hell out of your stock pully, i read theads on here where ppl used a 3 arm puller and had more success in keeping the stock pully in better shape PS is that all the mods you have done to your car and you ran that good of a time? i hav a 92 with a little more mods than you and i never got it to the track yet and im curious what i can do

hmm..

Yup, I just bent my stock pulley with a 2 arm pulley puller. Consider the 3 arm one. Only thing is, you may have to remove the metal part of the cooling system that protrudes out the fron of the engine.

I just did a pulley swap. Get yourself the 6'' three arm puller. You can position it without removing the the themostat housing. As far as leverage, I used an old pulley belt and wrapped it opposite the way you loosen the nut. It didn't slip and the nut broke loose without much of a fight.

Mark

Back