EEC Tuner users, '91 AOD speed limiter?

Vernon

My '91 with a M2Y processor calibration is an auto car converted to manual. The trouble is this calibration will not allow speeds in excess of 130 MPH. It's not RPM or gear related, wouldn't do it with the AOD in 3rd or 4th and won't do it with a stick in 4th or 5th. My car will hit 130 in short order so it's getting to be a pain. Twice I've been right on a LS1 only to shut down and watch them walk away, not to mention I would be afraid to evade arrest only being able to hit 130.

I've been having trouble getting the laptop to communicate with the tuner so just trying different modifyer tags until I find one that works hasn't happened yet. I've been thumbing through other files and noticed three different types. The max output shaft speed didn't work. What about those first and second speed limiters? Does anyone know if these will work on my EEC? How do you set them to disable a speed limiter?

Vernon

Because if I can turn it off with the tuner board I don't have to spend any more time and money. I'm pretty sure I'm over a year of hours and $25,000 by now, total costs involved. That's a bunch for me.

While on the subject Duffy, I was told you could probably tell me which processor to get for my car to do just that, if it comes to that. Which one should I look for for a '91-'93 5-speed, preferably without EGR and not the M2Y family?

Are you saying it can't be done or what?

Vernon

Back