an answer that i need in detail

stephens89sc

ok well i have my 89 sc and i wanted to sell my 89 and get a 94 but it doesnt look like its gonna happen so ive decided to rip my enigne out and re-biuld it from the bottom up. its gona be in progress for a year or so but i want no less that 350-400hp without nos i need help on gettin parts. i dont know where to start and what to get. i dont wanna spend more than 3 grand on the enigne i dont know if thats possible.... ive alredy got a 73mm maf, ported blower, intake, exhaust so thats covered i need the internals done out like heads, bored n stroked ect. stuff liek that... anyways 3000$cdn is the limit help me work out a list guys :D

btw thxs guys in advance u guys are always a big help :)

Hmmmm a budget? Been there with the $3000 limit, ended up spending $6000. It can be done though. I would spend a minimum of $1000 on head work, whatever it can get you. Usually means valve job and minor porting, because things will need to be replaced. You can get a TRW rebuild kit with pistons for at most $1500, it includes everything you'll need but rods and cam. You'll have to get ARP bolts for your rods and I would recommend head studs too. That will probably leave you with about $400 for machine work, turning crank and bore/hone block. A little more money and you can regrind the cam and buy new pushrods.

Back