Rear End woes no more

esco90SC

I got a new pumpkin from FORD motorsports division or whatever their performance division is. $600 for the upgrade to 3.73, the guy installed it for $100.

My <?> now is, will this affect my speedometer? If so, how?

I assume you have an automatic transmission (at least I HOPE you do. ) Your speedometer will be off by the factor of 3.73/3.27 or 1.14. Expressed in another way if you a driving at an actual speed of 55 MPH your speedometer will be reading 62 MPH and your odometer will be off by the same factor. Also you will be turning higher revs all the time and your gas mileage will be going down.

Buy a different gear for the speedo. Not sure the number of teeth but someone here will be able to pipe in or I know there is an article on this site that tells you.

Or purchase an electronic calibrator device that will then allow you to correct for the differing sized tires as well as the gear change. It would splice in between the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) and the rest of the points were the VSS Signal goes. (EEC, Spped Control, & Speedometer)

The Different gear for the speedo sounds like what I'll wind up doing. Now, just to find out which one.

Back