Performance World March 8-10

Re: Performance World March 8-10

This should be an event worth attending. I plan to be their on the Friday during the afternoon.

Hopefully this will be a rice-free environment.

So who is going to this event?

I'll be there Friday after lunch.

Wishful thinking Bill. This is predominantly a rice bowl meeting. The company that is making my radiator (BS & B), will be there (that is why I haven't gotten the rad back yet :rolleyes: ). I can do Friday too. I wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere to say hi.

Are you sure this will be a field of rice?

I may call ahead and ask if rice will be attending, because if they are, NO WAY am I going.

Kirk, email me about that rad with further details before I waste my money recoring mine.

Thanks,

The owner of BS&B told me that it is a ricey event, but some booths do also have non-rice products. BS&B is getting into the intercooler market due to all the turboed rice grains. You can't blame them. But they will remain loyal to the non-ricers.

I don't really have any more details about my radiator. I will be talking to them tomorrow. If there is something you would like to know, it would be no problem for me to ask them. He told me the thickness of the aluminum and so forth, but I didn't write it down. Let me know what you want to know and I'll find out. At least once they are done with mine, you guys won't have to send them yours to ensure a perfect fit. If you wait and don't get yours re-cored. I will meet up with you somewhere so you can check the rad out before I install it. Where do you live?

Email me if you like.
Kirk Bryan

Thanks but rice constipates me so I think I'll pass...LOL

Yeah, I have better things to do with Friday, like watch my motor come apart :lol:

I will email you Kirk, I live in North York.

You don't need to appreciate the import cars in the show, but you can learn from their technology. They are doing some wonderful things with turbos, intercoolers, fuel management and so on that may give you some ideas to use on your own car. The imports have the technology and money to develop products right now that domestics are lacking. If they have 1.8L civics running 9's now, they must be doing something right. Those cars are damn quick when done properly. I won't be buying any import any time soon, but it's nice to know what that the other guy "might" have under the hood when lining up.

There's plenty of stuff for domestic owners to see, but everyone seems to concentrate on the imports. Why?

Guys! I'm not trying to deter anyone from going. There still will be lot's of domestic stuff there and will be a very informative show. And besides, it will be another place where we all can meet and talk shop. I'm not a big rice fan either, but I still plan on going if not only to hang out with my fellow SCers.

Sorry if I discouraged some people from going. That was not my intent.

It depends mostly on whether or not it will cost $15 dollars to see rice like last time at Speedorama. Also, is this show any bigger?

I may be going on Sunday guys, if anyone else will be there let me know. Sunday mornign till about 1pm probably, still not sure.

If theres any chance of picking up a maf sensor there i will go

According to a friend...80% of the show is import. He's got his Integra in the show. Just a heads up.

Change of plans, I will be there Saturday around 2pm if any one cares :)

I might go tommorrow some time in the day

I went today. Was worth it in my opinion. NO the show is not 80% "rice". Just the same as previous years, street rods, customs, pro street style, and other hipo cars.

I like rice, I like domestics, its all about the hobby as a whole. The only thing I don't like is the ignorant attitude many have but those who have but there is no way around that.

i went yesterday it was a good show they was some rice but what can you do they was still lots of nice cars and rods they but lots of kids they i guess they got the same deal from school like i did 10$ friday only

jason

I am heading up to the show, now, should be there by about 2:30pm.

Jamie

Back