Well it is fixed this time

DUKSRULE

For anyone who has helped in the past thanks. For those who don't know here is what to learn from my troubles.

My 91 SC 5 Speed was cutting out at high boost. I had replaced the fuel pump and filter so I was 100%sure that this wasn't the problem. At Idle I was getting 20PSI at the fuel rail so I thought it was the pressure regulator. Well after deciding that the regulator was going to be a pain to change I wanted to make damb sure that was the trouble. So I rigged up a gauge and put it on the line going into the filter. Sure enough only 20 PSI. I thought that suck that the holley pump is gone already (I bought the car needing a fuel pump is the reason it was changed to begin with ). So I drain and drop the tank. Pull out the pump and it looks fine. So I hooked it up and stuck it in a can of gas. There it was. A small hole in that rubber ring that the pump slides into on the sending unit. It was leetting the pressure out and only letting 20 PSI though. So I replace the O-ring and put it all back together with another new filter. POW 40+ PSI at the fuel rail. I think damn this is nice but how does it run?? Well now it runs like a raped ape. No cut out at all at high RPM. So this is how it is suppose to be. Now I will have to watch that I don't blow it up.

WHAT DID I LEARN?
1-Just because you replaced something ( fuel pump) doesn't mean that it still isn't your problem
2-My SC hauls A$$ now
3-I can now pull the fuel tank and change the pump and have it all back together and driving in less than 2 hours by myself.

Hope this helps someone.

Back