B&M shifter

R

ryan a harris

B&M shifter

the shifter in my '90 sc is the hammer. also i don't know if car beening an auto has any difference. the shifter has only
1 2 D N R P P. no thats not a typo. the P P's are for adjusting the throw, at least thats what i was told. this shifter was in the car when i purchased it, really nice looking peice(every who gets in the says "WHAO NICE SHIFTER THINGY"-these poeple are not into cars). the reason i don't like the shifter is the fact (eventhough it's auto) is you can't really controll whats going on- D goes in and out of 3rd & 4th normally. the car has a shift kit. i'm not to sure that the guy who put in all this got every thing set up properly, the shifter was put in by what looked to be 5 year old.can some one help with my problems, the stock shifter i have or many pieces of it. i'm planning on coming out to the meeting on sunday(my first).

bye for now & thanx
for your time

Ryan A Harris

Re: B&M shifter

common problem: people put 3 speed shifters in a 4 speed tranny. I don't really understand what problem you are having...it shifts into 3rd and 4th when its not supposed to?

The only thing you should encounter (if its adjusted correctly) is you won't be able to start in 1st gear. My suggestion is either put the stock shifter back in or buy a custom 4 speed shifter.

Back