exhaust

smokymance

just wondering...probably asked this before but this is my final idea on my 4.6L V8 97 birdy....how is that going to sound..and i dont know what muffler to use...thanks

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 238
I have that setup with a Borla Pro XS muffler #40349 it's 2.5 dual and 3 single out. It's on the loud side but not bad. Sounds very healthy at idle. Can get droney under certain loads under 2000 rpms. I am thinking about adding 2 more Borla mufflers just not sure yet.

Jerry

do you think its going to be different with a v8??? i dont want it that loud...but i do hear it sounds good....i do know borlas are good mufflers...but should i get something that could be a little cheaper like magnaflows?? thanks a lot so far

I have the setup you're looking to do on my splitport tbird (3.8L N/A), except for after the 3" section I have 2.75" tailpipes. Here's what I used on mine:

2.25" Catco High Flow Cats
Magnaflow resonator (don't remember part number, but it is a dual 2.25" in/ single 3" out)
Single 3" pipe to dual 2.75" pipes just before pumpkin, with turndowns at the bumper

It sounds pretty good, and should sound even better on a V8.

-Rod

does it have to be a resonator...or muffler? is that a big difference...i have stock cats....cause i cant afford anothing now...is that going to sound good? thanks ....do u happen to have some pics...i want to see what it looks like in the back...i dont know weather to run turndowns on the back or go like a stanger with just straight out piping...:)

I've never liked straight pipes out the back (well, maybe on a truck). It's just too flashy/gaudy for me. I prefer to just barely see the turndowns beneath the bumper. Here are some pics of my exhaust.

Exhaust1.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust3.jpg

Exhaust4.jpg

Exhaust5.jpg

-Rod

yea same with me...i have seen them before and they do seem weird and flashy...thats what im gona do too...looks good...what kind of magnaflow is that that u have....im trying to get a good size....so far im thinking of an 18 inch one...thanks

Back