cant find my keys

marrart

ok guys, lets come up with a plan. i have a 89-sc with keyless entry and it has been sitting ahile. i (my daughter) lost the key to it and she cant remember the code to the keypad. im going to part it out and what are some suggestions to get into the car, into the trunk so i can get the code off the trunk hinge, and get a key to start the car/charge the battery? all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks, art

Call the ford dealership maybe and see if they can send you a key by VIN and proof of current registration..

if you're parting it out.. how much are you planning on getting out of your door window?

keys

im parting it out because she ran into a jeep and headlights, front bumper, and the rack where headlights used to be is destroyed along with the buckled hood. engine still runs good and maybe someone wants to drive it or here it purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! doors are still worth money and even more with the glass intact. however, the little window in the backseat may have an accident tonight when i return home!!!!!!!!! art

Yeah, I thought about the quarter glass. I know I wouldn't want to try to squeeze through there, and I'm not a big guy.

i had a lock smith make me both keys for around 70 bucks when i lost mine i broke in by removing the big clip inside the door jam to pull lock cylinder out you can get at it with a screw driver they are mosly riveted in place its kinda hard to break the rivet i just hit the screwdriver with a hammer to get under the clip then pry clip off of rivet and pull out clip slide lock cylinder out and unlock door slide lock cylinder back in and slide clip back in it wasnt to bad and no damage done

Last edited:
Just start hitting numbers on the keypad.
Sometimes mine will open even when I don't punch in the right number.

or you could do what one of my friends did with my car. look for the numbers on the keypad that are worn out, unless of course they all are. my code only uses two numbers so those are pretty worn and the rest look pretty new. my friend figured the code out the first try, but yours will probably take longer, unless you get lucky. it's worth a try.

code

too bad this thread is so old. the dealership can only make keys for a 96 and newer, without the old key. as for the code, it's in the trunk.

Randy N Connie said:
I have got mine open with a coathanger.

I think all the front ends on mn12 will go on your sc.

maybe its custom sc time.

Back