re:'90 sc

R

ryan a harris

re:'90 sc

o.k why didn't that work?
any way plugs and wires what kind are recommeded for the sc.
i'm also having tranny trouble. B&M hammer shifter was installed when i got the car. it's nice but it's wierd.

Re: re:'90 sc

Can you describe how you feel about the B&M shifter more in detail? Why you do and don't like it. I am still considering buying one, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ryan,

Do you mean the B&M Ripper Shifter???

I'm hearing that shortening the throw also means that you get less leverage at shifting this beast of a tranny (M5R2), and so in some ways the Ripper Shifter isn't always an improvement over a freshly rebuilt stock shifter. I gave some serious thought into getting one back around Christmas time, but decided against it for now. At this point, I'll be glad if I can just get my damned SC put back together and running so I can drive it, period! ...I'll think about the shifter issue later when I swap in a new clutch.

BTW, I did some research back then, and it looked like CTC (Keystone) had the best price.

Cheers,

Sean

Couldn't resist the board before bed, eh Sean! ;)

I don't think I would ever put the Ripper in mine, a while ago one of the guys(SCCOA) bent the shifter fork in his 5 speed, had a hell of a time getting one period. He blaimed it on the Ripper and took his out after he replaced the shifter fork. With parts for these bad boys getting lean the last thing you want is self inflicted damage. My shifter is still tight as hell and I can pound a mean shift anytime I want without much effort.

Back