dependabilty with sc with n/a engine

agutsechicken

i know that the n/a crank is weaker then the sc and all and that. how much of a risk is there has it been shown where the n/a crank wont hold up with the stock super charger? what is ford doing that the after market is not when it comes to superchargers? the after market has superchargers for n/a motors that you can bolt up to a stock motor but yet if you put a supercharger from ford you guys are saying the motor wont hold up.so in a recap my question is:

couldnt the stock ford supercharger be bolted to a n/a motor with out breaking the crank or is it just something you guys wouldnt want to find out?

lol thanks;)
i forgot to mention an other example is ATI has a supercharger for the 94 up mustang 3.8 wich is of course the same as the thunderbirds and they can be bolted up to the stock motor of course i know there would be a differnce with brackets and location and such

Last edited:
the after market has superchargers for n/a motors that you can bolt up to a stock motor but yet if you put a supercharger from ford you guys are saying the motor wont hold

Thats right. The Stock m90 with the Stock pulley will put 12-15lbs of boost into the motor.

#1 you motor probably wont hold more than 6-9lbs if properly tuned.
#2 The Sc motor Is totally different and thats why it can handle more boost... IE... lower compressoin, stronger rods, FORGED CRANK..etc etc etc.
#3 The crank is one of the big reasons... that is because a roots driven supercharge puts an enormous amount of stess on the crank. A steel crank simply wont hold up to it.

couldnt the stock ford supercharger be bolted to a n/a motor with out breaking the crank or is it just something you guys wouldnt want to find out?

It will work, but wont last long. Please read on this site the differences between an SC motor and a N/A motor.

i forgot to mention an other example is ATI has a supercharger for the 94 up mustang 3.8 wich is of course the same as the thunderbirds and they can be bolted up to the stock motor of course i know there would be a differnce with brackets and location and such

Now your talking the difference between and Centrifical Supercharger and a Roots Driven Supercharger. Also as i'm sure, the amount of boost will be alot lower... probably 6-8lbs because of your higher compression engine.

Please do some reseach before compairing two different styles of blowers and asking why one can work and one wont. There is a huge difference in the two.

Chris

P.S. the other things to think about when doing this.... Is your tranny going to put up with an extra 100+ hp and 100+ ft/lbs? Bigger Radiator is needed... V8 shocks and springs for the added weight..

It will work, but wont last long. Please read on this site the differences between an SC motor and a N/A motor.

i have and i know the differnce thats why i said:

i know that the n/a crank is weaker then the sc and all and that.

yes your right maybe i should of done som more research and im sorry i just figured i would ask you guys since you guys know what your talking about and i did think about the lower boost levels as a factor i just didnt think about it at the time this thought poped in my head.

Bigger Radiator is needed... V8 shocks and springs for the added weight..

do you guys do that?

no... because we have all that, because we have super coupes....

The reason for the shocks/springs is because all that supercharger stuff adds like 100lbs to the car.

Chris

Back